Hardin Medical Center and HMC Cardiology Services employs a full time cardiologist.
HMC also has an Accredited Chest Pain Center.
The Cardiology Services department currently offers the following tests—
- EKG – Tracing of electrical heart activity; records heart rhythm
- Holter Monitor – Record of heart activity for a 24 hour period
- Echocardiogram – Ultrasound of heart
- Carotid Doppler – Ultrasound of carotid arteries
- Blood Tests – Measure of damage to heart muscle
- CT of Heart – 3-D images of the heart
- Cardiac Calcium Scoring – Uses CT to detect the location and extent of calcified plaque in the coronary arteries
- Exercise Stress Test – Measures heart function during exercise
- Nuclear Stress Test – Combination of basic exercise stress test and nuclear images (can be non-exercise)